Arabic-The divisions of Christianity through the history
الانقسامات النصرانية عبر العصـــور
Keywords:الانقسامات، النصرانية، العصـــور, Divisions Christianity Through t history
This research explores the great divisions in Christianity through the history in three Section and a conclusion
- The divisions and schisms have emerged among the followers of Christianity at an early date, and the doctrine diverged, and there are multiple visions. The first schism occurred after the Jerusalem Synod after a difference in the issue of obliging converts to Christianity on the law of Mose.
- Divisions continued in Christianity, and all focused on trying to answer the nature of the relationship between God and Christ, or between the Father and the Son, and at a later stage answering what the nature of the relationship between the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and the Trinity did not announce to people in one go, even if Paul put The basis for it. Rather, it was the councils that imposed the power of the Trinity on Christianity, and multiple divisions occurred in the era of the councils, and ancient groups such as: Arianism, Nestorianism, Jacobite, royalism, and Maronite emerged from it.
- Then the major ecclesiastical schism occurred between the Eastern Byzantine Church and the Western Catholic Church due to the struggle over the papal chairs and the contractual differences regarding the emanation of the Holy Spirit from the Father alone, or from him and from the Son.
- The reform movement appeared in the sixteenth century AD in response to the manifestations of corruption in the Catholic Church, and the clergy headed by the Pope, so Lutheran, Calvinist, Cleansing and Evangelical came out of it, and since the basic principle of Protestants was that everyone has the right to rule on religious matters He has freedom of conscience without opposition, and the formation of multiple groups and doctrines has become a natural matter.
- This is, since there are hundreds of Protestant and Evangelical groups, and that each group is subdivided into multiple groups, and it cannot be counted.
The research recommends finding out the reasons for separating Christians so that Muslims can avoid from that causes to divide them.
Keywords: Divisions, Christianity, schisms, Nestorianism, Jacobite, Royalism, and Maronite, Catholic Church, Trinity, Orthodox church, protestant.
Copyright (c) 2020 The Journal of Islamic Studies Islamabad
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.